Here's why I am
switching sales to Google Base and other places instead of eBay.
- eBay is turning into a service-bloated manufacturer-based
store front; it's become hostile toward individual sellers.
- Souped up, extra cost features that bury my ads if I don't
- I want a clean search engine that will expose my
items if someone searches for them.
- Paypal was great until eBay bought them. Then
me use only Paypal BUSINESS or PREMIUM account. Do you know
that means? A mandatory percentage charge for every paypal
(not just eBay or auction sales, but everything). Plus a
legal issues (Privacy Act, Identity Theft) distinguishing between the value of a Paypal
account and the account itself. Paypal gets it very wrong - ask if
- The eBay input interface has gotten fancy, java gooped up,
- Google Base lets me enter items in a spreadsheet in the
comfort of my own home, and then I just upload the spreadsheet.
does the rest.
- If you track your items with the spreadsheet and
upload the spreadsheet, then I get to make a web page sell page for
each item that says whatever I want. Once I get it right, I
use my own web page as a template and just make detail changes.
- If you do manual inputs, Google makes
an attractive auto-web page.
- There is no cost to listing on Google Base.
- Years ago eBay inappropriately made me bid against myself
to raise the price I had to pay. After a YEAR of trying to
work them to return a
small amount of money, I joined a legal case against them and recovered
enough to buy a laptop computer. They are not responsive
This page is maintained by Brian Mork. It was last modified
Suggestions for changes and comments are always welcome. Contact me via